thanks for the photo
- 1 ForestNation snowball tree kit
- An adult
- Small mosaic mirror tiles (you should be able to get these online or from a craft store)
- Old newspaper or thick craft paper
- PVA glue
- A small loop of thick glitter thread
If you’re keeping your tree kit for yourself you might want to remove the seeds, growing pot/pellet, and instruction booklet from inside the snowball before we get started, but if you’re giving it as a gift you might choose to leave everything as it is.
- Before you begin, ensure you have all of your materials to hand
- To prepare your snowball for decorating, make sure that it is clean by wiping it with a damp (not wet!) cloth
- Next, use a brush to apply an even coat of PVA glue to the outside of the snowball
- Immediately after applying the glue, cover your snowball in the newspaper/craft paper, ensuring that there are no gaps along the tree kit’s opening
- Once the first layer of glue has dried and your paper is firmly attached to the snowball, coat the paper in another layer of PVA glue and leave until firmly dry and shiny
- Once the glue has dried, apply a line of glue along the join in your tree kit and begin sticking your mirror mosaic tiles to it – remember to put glue on the back of the tiles as well as the snowball!
- If your tiles are too big to reach the top of the snowball, ask the adult to make some of your tiles smaller by putting the tiles inside a towel on a flat surface, then hitting the tiles with a hammer. The adult should be wearing eye protection and you should stay away while they do this.