Step 1: Make a Tree Post first.
Before you start to grow your tree make a Tree Post. You’ll see where we plant your matching tree around the world. You can update your post later with more photos and share it to show you care. When you’ve made a Tree Post then go the Growing Instructions.1. Make a Tree Post 2. Go to Instructions
Step 2: Seed Preparation
Some seeds need special preparation to germinate before you sow them.
Step 2: Seed Preparation B
If your tree kit has “Seed Prep. B” on the lid you must prepare your seed as detailed here before sowing. This includes seed species like Blue Spruce, White Spruce, Northern Catalpa, California Fan Palm…
- Add warm tap water to a cup.
- Add seeds and soak for 24 hours. If seeds are packaged in a biodegradable veggie capsule, remove seeds from capsule first.
Step 2: Seed Preparation C
If your tree kit has “Seed Prep. C” on the lid you must prepare your seed as detailed here before sowing. For seed species like Cabbage Palm, Thornless Honeylocust and Western Redbud…
- Boil water first and then let it cool down a bit, for approximately 5 minutes. The water must be very hot, approximately 195ºF (90ºC). Do not boil the seed in the water!
- Add the boiled water to a cup. Be very careful!
- Add seeds and soak for 24 hours. If seeds are packaged in a biodegradable veggie capsule, remove seeds from packaging first.
Step 3: Sow Seed
If your tree kit has “Seed Prep. A” on the lid your seeds do not need any preparation before sowing. Check Here
Pellet Preparation and Sowing Seeds.
- Soak growing pellet, dimple side up, in luke warm tap water for 10 minutes.
- Empty excess water and gently squeeze the expanded growing pellet to introduce some air.
- If seeds are packaged, remove seeds from packaging first.
- Add seeds and push just below the surface.
- Lid on and keep it moist and warm. Approximately 70-80ºf (20-27ºc)