Bring nature into your home
Make your home more eco-friendly
- Always switch off any electricity or light that isn’t in use to save energy resources, and consider switching to eco-friendly light bulbs.
- Open up your curtains to let in more light instead of switching on the lights.
- Open your windows to fill the rooms with warmth and fresh air.
- Research your electricity, gas, water providers to check how sustainable their methods are and swap to a more eco-friendly provider if needed and possible.
- Use Ecosia as your Internet search engine to plant trees every time you search for something.
Clean your environment
Take care of yourself
There are also ways to make your cooking habits more sustainable –
- by finding or creating recipes to use up your left-overs instead of throwing them away
- by making your own snacks like cookies and crisps instead of buying snacks in plastic packaging
- by shopping mindfully and never buying too much